Friday 31 July 2020

Solving Strategies

For maths we had to think of different strategies to solve a equation. The amount of problems we had to solve was 19, My group solved 11 equations. The strategies we used was number line, written algorithem, normal subtractions, counting back, repeated addition/multiplication, and division.

One equation I solved was 82 - 44. One of the strategies I used to solve this equation was splitting up numbers. Firstly I split 44, 40 + 4. Next I subtract 4 from 82, 82 - 4= 78. Lastly I subtract 40 from 78, 78 - 40= 38. So 82 - 44 = 38.

Another equation I solved was 72 divided by 8. One of the strategies I used was fact family. One fact is 72 divided by 8=9. The other fact is 9 x 8=72.

 I enjoyed solving strategies because it was fun.

More math equations

1 comment:

  1. Hi Spelman

    I have seen your blog post It looks like you are good at maths.
    Is there any else equations that you have in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.