Thursday 8 April 2021

5 Minutes Of Camp - Achieving My Deep Fear

L.I: To recount a 5 minute snapshot of one expirence you had at camp.

Achieving My Deep Fear

It was my time to shine but I couldn’t do it. My heart was pumping fast, my braveness disappeared, and my fear kicked in. My thoughts were not to do it but my mouth is saying climb it.

I begin taking my first step on the ladder. I already had butterflies flying around in my stomach. But I tried punching and kicking the fear out of me but I couldn’t. Every step I took my heart pumped even fast. I finally was starting to climb up the metal rungs. I had sweat dripping so much it came into my eyes. I finally achieved the metal rungs.

I commence taking a walk along the log, holding the rope tight as possible. All my teammates cheered me on and it made me feel better. My legs were still shaking though, like it was an earthquake. I didn’t look down because I knew I would be so terrified and feel like I'm gonna fall.

I reached to the other pole hugging it like it was my loving parents. I needed to get this done and over with. I walked to the middle and got ready to get back to the beloved ground. 

I leaned back and started to go back onto the ground. I am so proud of myself and felt happy because I achieved my goal. I knew I could do it because my teammates overcame their fear too, I built my self esteem.

Last week we went to camp at Kokako Lodge and stayed there for four days. My 5 minutes of camp shows what did in that one activity. I was painting a picture in my mind to describe what I did and what I felt in the activity.

I found this activity interesting because I got to describe what I did and how I felt.

1 comment:

  1. We really enjoyed reading about your experience and how described the way you felt.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.